Reflecting the wide variety of soft landscaping projects we are now working on, from schools to supermarkets to sports centres, some of our recent wins include:
• Another school secured for Bowmer & Kirkland, who kindly continue to trust us with their soft landscaping.
• Soft landscaping on further hotel projects for Conamar and Acheson Construction
• A second project with Horizon Construction to carry out the landscaping on one of their care home projects.
We are also now working with a very wide variety of contractor clients. Recent additions that we have welcomed include Jarvis, ASHE Group and Kitewood, plus Corley & Woolley are all welcomed into the Panoramic Family.
Photos in the video above are of the works we completed at Freeman’s School for Gilbert-Ash.
We have recently finished an interesting project on a Tesco’s fuel forecourt at Canada Water in the London Docklands, where we have installed green screens. These provide an instant and immediately attractive hedge-like visual barrier around the site.
The project was completed in just two weeks from initial order to completion, working with the international infrastructure provider, Blu-3. The installation also included the planting of 150 large 10L shrubs plus seeding and mulching.
Shout out to Mobilane, the provider of the green screens, who turned around our order within just a few days, helping us to complete the project so quickly.
For instant and immediate green screen hedge for your project, plus any other soft landscaping needs, please contact us.
Turf can be laid at any time of the year, provided the ground is not frozen, waterlogged or very dry. However, the best time to lay turf is Spring or Autumn when the soil is at the perfect soft texture.
To lay turf in the Spring, ideally, the soil needs to be moist. If not, it should be watered beforehand. You will also need to ensure that the turf does not dry out, to encourage early growth.
Autumn is often known as the best time to lay turf, particularly during September and October, to take advantage of the perfect balance of heat and rain. It is possible also in November, provided there will not be significant frosts. Laying your turf in Autumn is beneficial as the lawn will then have six months to settle in and grow before the following summer.
Although summer months are not ideal, it is still possible to lay the turf. The soil must be well watered before to make sure there is enough moisture to help the grass grow.
It is possible to lay turf during the winter. However, growth can be restricted, especially if the new grass is not properly and consistently maintained. Ideally, it is best to wait until the winter frost has passed in March/April, giving the lawn enough time to establish before the summer.
With Panoramic now being a full member of BALI, we have an impressive list of accreditations.
• BALI: As a full member, we carry out duties to the very highest industry standards and provide professional excellence at all times. To be granted Accredited membership status we have signed up to the BALI Code of Conduct, pledging to carry out business to these exacting standards.
• Construction Gold: Being Gold standard means that, in addition to being verified to PAS 91, membership includes further validation checks using an enhanced prequalification questionnaire.
• SSIP: Gold membership of Constructionline also allows us to manage PAS 91 and SSIP data all in one platform with one renewal date.
• CHAS: An accreditation that ensures our health and safety processes meet excellent standards.
• ISO 9001: ISO 9001 demonstrates our ability to consistently provide services that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• ISO 14001: ISO14001 helps us to improve our environmental performance through more efficient use of resources and reduction of waste.
To work with us, please head to our contact page.
Celebrating Our Second Anniversary
Two Today! It’s great to be celebrating two years since the launch of Panoramic. During that time we have worked on a whole variety of projects including commercial units, schools, care homes, supermarkets, crematoriums, apartment blocks, hotels, self-storage units and many more.
We have completed over 60 projects during our second year totaling £3.3 million, won over £4.2 million worth of new orders and the contracts continue to be awarded.
We now have a 12 strong team in the office, 3 Senior Site Supervisors and 10 site teams. We cannot list all our clients but would like to thank all those that have given us our first opportunity along with those that continue to give us repeat projects.
We are all looking forward to what year 3 brings. Exciting times ahead with lots of projects to showcase in the coming months. Please get in touch if you have any soft landscaping requirement on your commercial projects.
Time and trees wait for no man! Of course, we can plant trees all year round, and we often do. However, there are advantages, not least from a cost perspective, to scheduling tree planting during the autumn and winter months.
During the coldest months of the year, trees and shrubs are in a dormant state. The soil is also usually moist and easier to dig, making our job easier! As a result, they need less watering after planting. Also, by spring and early summer they will have benefited from optimum growing conditions and had the opportunity to establish their root system.
Root-balled trees and shrubs are more cost-effective without the pots. However, they cannot be used in the summer as the root ball tends to quickly dry out in the warmer weather.
We can also plant trees and shrubs in the mid to late spring and summer, the warmer months, although we then must use containerised trees and plants, costing more to procure and taking longer to install. These have more soil around the roots, which will stay damp for longer. The roots tend to be bigger and so are hardier in the drier conditions.
For further top tips on tree and shrub planting or to discuss the best timing for your next project, please contact us.
We are delighted to report a further surge in sales this spring in both the number and value of projects secured. March saw Panoramic’s highest monthly sales value exceeding Three-Quarters of a Million Pounds with over 11 projects won.
April has been expectedly quieter with such an outstanding performance in March but has still seen a further 5 new projects secured.
We are pleased to welcome Ashe Group to the Panoramic customer family along with further orders from 2MS Construction (another Lidl project), Beard, Harmonix and last but definitely not least another school project with Kier.
As spring springs into summer and the weather is improving, we are looking forward to a very busy period for our range of soft landscaping services which we would like to thank those clients that have given us our first opportunities and also those that continue to trust us with their landscaping work.
The management team here at Panoramic have nearly 100 years of landscaping experience between them. In addition to our owner, Phillip Hilbeck, the members of the team are:
• Paul Hitchcott – Managing Director: 12+ years in construction, having worked in the industry prior to Panoramic and so has considerable industry experience, including operational management, procurement and sales.
• Joel Bridger – Projects Manager: 15+ years in soft landscaping, managing operations installing soft landscaping services into a variety of projects from schools, healthcare, care homes, industrial units, large-scale open spaces and housing developments etc.
• Greg Murray – Commercial Manager: 40+ years in construction as a Project Manager, Quantity Surveyor and Commercial Manager, working on projects up to values in excess of £1 Billion with some of the largest companies in the world.
• Stuart Jenner – Senior Site Supervisor: 25+ years as a landscaper, now managing our site teams which include a foreman and 2 operatives in each team on commercial landscaping projects of all types and sizes.
Get the benefit of our experience by contacting us for your next project.
When preparing lawns and grass areas, whilst we often use turf for instant results, if the client has the time and/or not the budget, grass seeding is a good alternative. However, there are some ground rules:
• Seed: Use quality seed and of the right type and grade (check the ingredients) to produce the right type of lawn or area and without weeds, which can be in the seed! You will need between 30g and 20g per sq m, depending on whether the lawn is to be ornamental or utility.
• Seed Bed: Preparation is the key. Clear weeds (not with a residual weed killer or your new lawn will also die!). Rotavate and cultivate the surface. Tread or roll and rake the area, both several times and in different directions.
• Sowing: Divide the area into small sections. Split the seed in half. Sow one half in parallel rows lengthways and the other half widthways. Rake over and then water. If the weather is dry, water again after 2-3 days.
The best time to sow grass seed is in March/April and September/October, when dew occurs for moisture and temperatures are typically best for germination, above 5 degrees. Therefore, if you need grass planting soon, best contact us now.
Since the start of the new year, Panoramic has gone from strength to strength securing 29 new projects in the first quarter. We have welcomed many more new clients and continued to build relationships with existing customers.
Whilst orders in January and February totalled £900K, March has been Panoramic’s best-ever month by some margin, with sales just shy of £800K in the one month alone.
Some new clients that have joined us and are yet to receive a mention include Burmor Construction, Breheny, Lawrence Baker, Iconic Build and Midas. Meanwhile, clients such as Bowmer & Kirkland, PDR, ESS Modular and Harmonix are placing regular projects with us. Thank you.
As a result, the summer is going to be very busy for Panoramic and we cannot wait to get planting. The whole team is looking forward to working with all those who have both given us an opportunity for the first time and those that have returned with repeat orders.
Please get in touch to see what we can achieve when landscaping your construction project!